"Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: The King is Dead, Š"

    Message 1 of 51 , Mar 29, 2006
      At 3:15 PM +0200 28 03 06, Per Werme wrote:
      >Peter and Ludwig
      >
      >A rather late commentary to the black letter (Textura) in the late
      >medieval manuscripts and the first printing types of Mainz.

      Hallo, Per

      Thank you for your further considerations!

      The Fence Shrift is a good description for textura. Nice to look at, not so great for reading.
      Better for publishers, more words on the page ;-)

      PS, here is an invitation to the next ATypI conference, in Lisbon, late September.
      http://www.atypi.org/
      Always a good place to talk about such issues!

      Semiotx Inc. http://typeandmeaning.com

      Peter Fraterdeus http://www.fraterdeus.com
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 1, 2006
        Per

        I cut off the last of my post to you by mistake. I think the date of
        Schöffer's entry into the project is fairly accurate primarily because
        somewhere was a reference to his being in Mainz prior to the fall of
        Constantinople (1493), which was of considerable concern to the
        European community.