Re: [PPLetterpress] Demers, Florida

  • Michael Barnes
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 18, 2006
      In Vancouver, Canada, there is a good Heidelberg cylinder press for
      sale (I believe). Its owner, Pat Davis of Western Printers, has had it
      in storage for a number of years and is getting tired of paying the
      rent. Western Printers also has an excellent large stone.

      Telephone Pat or Steve Davis 604-291-6113.

      Printcraft has a nearly unused Heidelberg cylinder. They talk of using
      it but might be motivated to sell. Phone Brian Schindel at
      604-433-0585.

      Both these presses were maintained for printing and not stripped for
      diecutting.

      Michael Barnes
      604-833-0612

      On Mar 17, 2006, at 11:32 AM, David Esslemont wrote:

      > Anyone had any dealings with or bought a press from the Demers?
      >
      > They have a lot of Heidelberg cylinders which they neuter for die
      > cutting. they also have a "museum"
      >
      > http://www.demersparts.com/Museum.html
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • George Chapman
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 18, 2006
        This outfit used to be in Springfield, Tennessee, a little north of
        Nashville. There were some problems, the details of which I don't remember.
        The Florida operation may have a clean slate, but I would check them
        closely.

        Geprge Chapman
        In the heart of the beautiful San Juan Mountains of Colorado

      • nagraph@frontier.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 18, 2006
          I would agree with George, without going idetails about them or their former
          salesmanager who set up a competing company, and I don't have that name handy
          sitting here in a motel in Austin, Texas--I'll check when I get home.

          Fritz

          o detauQuoting George Chapman <gachap@...>:

          > This outfit used to be in Springfield, Tennessee, a little north of
          > Nashville. There were some problems, the details of which I don't remember.
          > The Florida operation may have a clean slate, but I would check them
          > closely.
          >
          > Geprge Chapman
          > In the heart of the beautiful San Juan Mountains of Colorado

        • Ben Levitz
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 19, 2006
            We've purchased several Heidelberg parts from Demers and received great
            service. And good prices. They even have an inventory of new parts they must
            have aquired from Heidelberg when they decided Windmills weren't worth
            supporting any longer.

            Walt Wittenburg has the competing company. I've purchased from them too.

            Just don't ask them what they think of each other.

            Ben Levitz

            studio ON FIRE
            1621 E Hennepin Ave Ste 226
            Minneapolis MN 55414