RE: [PPLetterpress] Digest Number 1219

  • David Goodrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2006
      Re #3,
      I have a set of two-color hollyberry ornaments and the dots are much more
      irregularly spaced. They don't look like these. Are the dots type high?
      David

      From: "raceroberts" <raceroberts@...>
      2. what are these?
      From: "savmikey2003" <savmikey2003@...>
      3. Re: what are these?
      From: Gerald Lange <bieler@...>
      4. RE: what are these?
      From: "Michael T. Metz" <mtmetz@...>
      5. Re: what are these?
      From: Gerald Lange <bieler@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:11:27 -0000
      From: "raceroberts" <raceroberts@...>
      Subject: need cost advice on power

      Hi all. I'm putting together some figures for a startup biz, and could use
      some help with
      some BALLPARK estimates.

      Assuming a small two-man shop (w/gas heat) with a small developer and a
      windmill, what
      kind of monthly power bill should I be anticipate?

      Any advice sincerely appreciated, and please respond off-group.

      thanks
      bob atkins

      Message: 2
      Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 04:15:24 -0000
      From: "savmikey2003" <savmikey2003@...>
      Subject: what are these?

      hello,

      this may be a dumb question...but im merely a letterpress beginner.
      i've been sorting through a ton of type and ornaments and i've found a
      lot of these pieces and have no idea what they are. they're assorted
      clusters of dots almost like braille. anyway, i figured you kind folks
      would know right away, so here's a picture of them:

      http://www.creativechaos.net/mystery.jpg

      what are these and what are they for? thanks for the help!
      mike

      Message: 3
      Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:31:13 -0800
      From: Gerald Lange <bieler@...>
      Subject: Re: what are these?

      Mike

      The set that is in the middle look like two-color holly berrys used with
      holly leave ornaments for Christmas greeting cards. The set on the
      right, don't know.

      Gerald

      savmikey2003 wrote:

      >hello,
      >
      >this may be a dumb question...but im merely a letterpress beginner.
      >i've been sorting through a ton of type and ornaments and i've found a
      >lot of these pieces and have no idea what they are. they're assorted
      >clusters of dots almost like braille. anyway, i figured you kind folks
      >would know right away, so here's a picture of them:
      >
      >http://www.creativechaos.net/mystery.jpg
      >
      >what are these and what are they for? thanks for the help!
      >mike

      Message: 4
      Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:38:18 -0600
      From: "Michael T. Metz" <mtmetz@...>

      I don't know Gerald, those look like a bad case
      of lead warts to me.

      savmikey2003 wrote:

      >hello,
      >
      >this may be a dumb question...but im merely a letterpress beginner.
      >i've been sorting through a ton of type and ornaments and i've found a
      >lot of these pieces and have no idea what they are. they're assorted
      >clusters of dots almost like braille. anyway, i figured you kind folks
      >would know right away, so here's a picture of them:
      >
      >http://www.creativechaos.net/mystery.jpg
      >
      >what are these and what are they for? thanks for the help!
      >mike

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message: 5
      Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:51:21 -0800
      From: Gerald Lange <bieler@...>

      Hi Mike

      Never heard of lead warts. Could very well be. Had a bunch of em once
      upon a time though and the ones I had were Holly berries. At any rate,
      if you ever need a bunch of dots for something, you know who to contact.

      Gerld

      Michael T. Metz wrote:

      >I don't know Gerald, those look like a bad case
      >of lead warts to me.
      >
      >Mike
      >
      >The set that is in the middle look like two-color holly berrys used with
      >holly leave ornaments for Christmas greeting cards. The set on the
      >right, don't know.
      >
      >Gerald
      >
      >savmikey2003 wrote:
      >

      >>hello,
      >>
      >>this may be a dumb question...but im merely a letterpress beginner.
      >>i've been sorting through a ton of type and ornaments and i've found a
      >>lot of these pieces and have no idea what they are. they're assorted
      >>clusters of dots almost like braille. anyway, i figured you kind folks
      >>would know right away, so here's a picture of them:
      >>
      >>http://www.creativechaos.net/mystery.jpg
      >>
      >>what are these and what are they for? thanks for the help!
      >>mike

    • Bryan Hutcheson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2006
        Hey David Goodrich, Did you ever live in Kansas City?