Re: [PPLetterpress] what are these?

  • Scott Rubel
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 14, 2006
      Could they be for braille? --Scott

      On Mar 14, 2006, at 8:20 AM, edgar L weber wrote:

      > Hello Mike,
      > Those dots are part of 2 different 2-color borders. (Or ornaments).
      > DON'T throw them away!
      > Hopefully somewhere in the "ton of stuff" will be the other halves.
      > The ones in the middle go with holly leaves. I'm not sure about
      > those on
      > the side, but they might go with smaller holly leaves. Keep
      > looking for
      > pieces of type, of the same size, that will match the pattern of dots.
      > Good luck,
      > Ed Weber,
      > Tombstone Beaver Press
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Marnie Powers-Torrey
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 16, 2006
        I've been out for a few days, so sorry for the delayed response, but I
        agree 100% with the holly berry votes. We have a TON of these same
        sorts-- most with matching holly leaves to print in green-- but also
        some random berries floating about.

        Marnie Powers-Torrey
        Studio Manager, Instructor, Printer
        Book Arts Program and Red Butte Press
        J. Willard Marriott Library
        295 South 1500 East
        Salt Lake City, UT 84112

          this may be a dumb question...but im merely a letterpress beginner.
          i've been sorting through a ton of type and ornaments and i've found a
          lot of these pieces and have no idea what they are. they're assorted
          clusters of dots almost like braille. anyway, i figured you kind folks
          would know right away, so here's a picture of them:

          http://www.creativechaos.net/mystery.jpg

          what are these and what are they for? thanks for the help!
          mike

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Book cover design Design book Graphic design book Contemporary book Book printing