Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

RE: [PPLetterpress] what are these?

Expand Messages
  • Michael T. Metz
    I don t know Gerald, those look like a bad case of lead warts to me. ... From: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      I don't know Gerald, those look like a bad case
      of lead warts to me.


      -----Original Message-----
      From: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Gerald Lange
      Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 10:31 PM
      To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] what are these?


      Mike

      The set that is in the middle look like two-color holly berrys used with
      holly leave ornaments for Christmas greeting cards. The set on the
      right, don't know.

      Gerald

      savmikey2003 wrote:

      >hello,
      >
      >this may be a dumb question...but im merely a letterpress beginner.
      >i've been sorting through a ton of type and ornaments and i've found a
      >lot of these pieces and have no idea what they are. they're assorted
      >clusters of dots almost like braille. anyway, i figured you kind folks
      >would know right away, so here's a picture of them:
      >
      >http://www.creativechaos.net/mystery.jpg
      >
      >what are these and what are they for? thanks for the help!
      >mike
      >
      >
      >
      >






      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Gerald Lange
      Hi Mike Never heard of lead warts. Could very well be. Had a bunch of em once upon a time though and the ones I had were Holly berries. At any rate, if you
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi Mike

        Never heard of lead warts. Could very well be. Had a bunch of em once
        upon a time though and the ones I had were Holly berries. At any rate,
        if you ever need a bunch of dots for something, you know who to contact.

        Gerld


        Michael T. Metz wrote:

        >I don't know Gerald, those look like a bad case
        >of lead warts to me.
        >
        >Mike
        >
        >The set that is in the middle look like two-color holly berrys used with
        >holly leave ornaments for Christmas greeting cards. The set on the
        >right, don't know.
        >
        >Gerald
        >
        >savmikey2003 wrote:
        >
        >
        >
        >>hello,
        >>
        >>this may be a dumb question...but im merely a letterpress beginner.
        >>i've been sorting through a ton of type and ornaments and i've found a
        >>lot of these pieces and have no idea what they are. they're assorted
        >>clusters of dots almost like braille. anyway, i figured you kind folks
        >>would know right away, so here's a picture of them:
        >>
        >>http://www.creativechaos.net/mystery.jpg
        >>
        >>what are these and what are they for? thanks for the help!
        >>mike
        >>
        >>
        >>
      • edgar L weber
        Hello Mike, Those dots are part of 2 different 2-color borders. (Or ornaments). DON T throw them away! Hopefully somewhere in the ton of stuff will be the
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 14, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          Hello Mike,
          Those dots are part of 2 different 2-color borders. (Or ornaments).
          DON'T throw them away!
          Hopefully somewhere in the "ton of stuff" will be the other halves.
          The ones in the middle go with holly leaves. I'm not sure about those on
          the side, but they might go with smaller holly leaves. Keep looking for
          pieces of type, of the same size, that will match the pattern of dots.
          Good luck,
          Ed Weber,
          Tombstone Beaver Press
        • Scott Rubel
          Could they be for braille? --Scott
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 14, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            Could they be for braille? --Scott

            On Mar 14, 2006, at 8:20 AM, edgar L weber wrote:

            > Hello Mike,
            > Those dots are part of 2 different 2-color borders. (Or ornaments).
            > DON'T throw them away!
            > Hopefully somewhere in the "ton of stuff" will be the other halves.
            > The ones in the middle go with holly leaves. I'm not sure about
            > those on
            > the side, but they might go with smaller holly leaves. Keep
            > looking for
            > pieces of type, of the same size, that will match the pattern of dots.
            > Good luck,
            > Ed Weber,
            > Tombstone Beaver Press
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
          • Marnie Powers-Torrey
            I ve been out for a few days, so sorry for the delayed response, but I agree 100% with the holly berry votes. We have a TON of these same sorts-- most with
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 16, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              I've been out for a few days, so sorry for the delayed response, but I
              agree 100% with the holly berry votes. We have a TON of these same
              sorts-- most with matching holly leaves to print in green-- but also
              some random berries floating about.


              Marnie Powers-Torrey
              Studio Manager, Instructor, Printer
              Book Arts Program and Red Butte Press
              J. Willard Marriott Library
              295 South 1500 East
              Salt Lake City, UT 84112

              -----Original Message-----
              From: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
              [mailto:PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of savmikey2003
              Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 9:15 PM
              To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [PPLetterpress] what are these?

              hello,

              this may be a dumb question...but im merely a letterpress beginner.
              i've been sorting through a ton of type and ornaments and i've found a
              lot of these pieces and have no idea what they are. they're assorted
              clusters of dots almost like braille. anyway, i figured you kind folks
              would know right away, so here's a picture of them:

              http://www.creativechaos.net/mystery.jpg

              what are these and what are they for? thanks for the help!
              mike









              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • mike lawson
              Hi everyone. just wanted to say thanks for all the information. i guess they are, in fact, holly berries. i even have the matching leaves. actually, i have
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 16, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                Hi everyone. just wanted to say thanks for all the information. i guess they are, in fact, holly berries. i even have the matching leaves. actually, i have more of these two items than anything else. haha. i just thought the leaves were borders by themselves. very interesting! anyway, thanks again for everyone's response.

                Marnie Powers-Torrey <marnie.torrey@...> wrote: I've been out for a few days, so sorry for the delayed response, but I
                agree 100% with the holly berry votes. We have a TON of these same
                sorts-- most with matching holly leaves to print in green-- but also
                some random berries floating about.


                Marnie Powers-Torrey
                Studio Manager, Instructor, Printer
                Book Arts Program and Red Butte Press
                J. Willard Marriott Library
                295 South 1500 East
                Salt Lake City, UT 84112

                -----Original Message-----
                From: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
                [mailto:PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of savmikey2003
                Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 9:15 PM
                To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: [PPLetterpress] what are these?

                hello,

                this may be a dumb question...but im merely a letterpress beginner.
                i've been sorting through a ton of type and ornaments and i've found a
                lot of these pieces and have no idea what they are. they're assorted
                clusters of dots almost like braille. anyway, i figured you kind folks
                would know right away, so here's a picture of them:

                http://www.creativechaos.net/mystery.jpg

                what are these and what are they for? thanks for the help!
                mike









                Yahoo! Groups Links









                SPONSORED LINKS
                Book cover design Design book Graphic design book Contemporary book Book printing

                ---------------------------------
                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS


                Visit your group "PPLetterpress" on the web.

                To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                PPLetterpress-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.


                ---------------------------------





                ---------------------------------
                Yahoo! Mail
                Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.