Re: [PPLetterpress] ink question - opaque white

  • Bryan Hutcheson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2006
      If anyone knows of an opaque white that can actually cover, besides
      engravers ink, I'd be psyched

      We've tried just about every opaque white on the market. The only
      luck we have had was an experiment with laying down metallic 877,
      then white over the top of that a day later. mixed results but
      doable. The silver acts as a true opaque, then the white can be run
      heavier. We give the silver more impression, then the white only
      needs a kiss and you can run the white ink heavier.

      Most white ink on color paper is usually engraving ink, which is
      somewhere between silk screening ink and offset ink....