Re: [PPLetterpress] How to print a Tint Block?

  • Alan Brignull
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 10, 2006
      > Printing with no grain using linoleum ?
      > you just need a lot of ink and a load of pressure too.

      It helps to rub the lino down with fine sandpaper as well.

      Alan
    • Casey
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 10, 2006
        Ryan,

        I print from Linoleum, I do a lot of linocuts and also print with them
        and use type.

        One thing about covering large areas of surface with ink is it should
        be hand rolled on so you get the best ink coverage. If you load up the
        ink distribution with that much ink it'll plug up all your type.
        Printing ink on linoleum from the ink carriage the print is somewhat
        distressed or in other words it has been starved of ink.

        You can use transparent white to thin down your ink to get a lint, it
        works well, start with Transparent white and then add your color ink.

        Tickets are pretty small and you should get good coverage, but the is
        a fine line of adding to much and the type is plugged up.

        Be careful about the packing, to much underneath the linoleum block
        and it exceeded type high. Too much on the drum and you smash the type
        and linoleum block.

        Hope this helps,

        Thanks for stopping by,

        Casey McGarr
        http://www.inkylipspress.com
      • unisonletterpress
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 10, 2006
          Wow Thanks for everyones reply! That was a great help! im going to
          give it a shot this week and see what happens. Thanks again!