Re: [PPLetterpress] Ink question - the most opaque white ink available?

  • Bill Denham
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2006
      Check out the posters at interrobangletterpres.com--sounds like they might be similar to what you're going to try--printing white on colored stock--I think.

      Bill

      michaelmagnesi <michaelmagnesi@...> wrote: Hello, I have a poster project that will require white to be printed
      on a Kraft colored stock (light brown). I do have some rubber based
      opaque white ink but before I start experimenting I am wondering if
      anyone has info regarding what I should use for maximum opacity?

      I will be using a Vandercook SP-20 and possibly CAD cut wood blocks.

      Thank you,

      Michael

      Book cover design Design book Graphic design book Contemporary book Book printing

    • michaelmagnesi
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2006
        Hello Bill,

        Thank you for the response. I have tried that site for some other
        links these past few days but I cannot get my browser to load the pages.

        M-

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Bill Denham <bill1028@...> wrote:

        > Check out the posters at interrobangletterpres.com--sounds like they
        might be similar to what you're going to try--printing white on
        colored stock--I think.

        > Bill
        >
        > michaelmagnesi <michaelmagnesi@...> wrote: Hello, I have a
        poster project that will require white to be printed
        > on a Kraft colored stock (light brown). I do have some rubber based
        > opaque white ink but before I start experimenting I am wondering if
        > anyone has info regarding what I should use for maximum opacity?
        >
        > I will be using a Vandercook SP-20 and possibly CAD cut wood blocks.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Michael

        > Book cover
        design