Ink question - the most opaque white ink available?

  • michaelmagnesi
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2006
      Hello, I have a poster project that will require white to be printed
      on a Kraft colored stock (light brown). I do have some rubber based
      opaque white ink but before I start experimenting I am wondering if
      anyone has info regarding what I should use for maximum opacity?

      I will be using a Vandercook SP-20 and possibly CAD cut wood blocks.

      Thank you,

      Michael
    • Bill Denham
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2006
        Check out the posters at interrobangletterpres.com--sounds like they might be similar to what you're going to try--printing white on colored stock--I think.

        Bill

        michaelmagnesi <michaelmagnesi@...> wrote: Hello, I have a poster project that will require white to be printed
        on a Kraft colored stock (light brown). I do have some rubber based
        opaque white ink but before I start experimenting I am wondering if
        anyone has info regarding what I should use for maximum opacity?

        I will be using a Vandercook SP-20 and possibly CAD cut wood blocks.

        Thank you,

        Michael

        Book cover design Design book Graphic design book Contemporary book Book printing

      • michaelmagnesi
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2006
          Hello Bill,

          Thank you for the response. I have tried that site for some other
          links these past few days but I cannot get my browser to load the pages.

          M-

          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Bill Denham <bill1028@...> wrote:

          > Check out the posters at interrobangletterpres.com--sounds like they
          might be similar to what you're going to try--printing white on
          colored stock--I think.

          > Bill
          >
          > michaelmagnesi <michaelmagnesi@...> wrote: Hello, I have a
          poster project that will require white to be printed
          > on a Kraft colored stock (light brown). I do have some rubber based
          > opaque white ink but before I start experimenting I am wondering if
          > anyone has info regarding what I should use for maximum opacity?
          >
          > I will be using a Vandercook SP-20 and possibly CAD cut wood blocks.
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Michael

          > Book cover
          design