Third Call: Easter/Passover/Welcome Spring Card Exchange Bundle

  • Lance Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2006
      The final date for participating in the Easter/Passover/Welcome Spring
      Card Exchange is fast approaching. You have until Friday night (2/24/06)
      to email me your name to be added to the list to participate in this card
      exchange. I do have to admit that given the amount of notice I have given
      for this project, and the number of letterpress printers these messages
      have gone out to, I really thought there would be a better turn out for the
      project..... It's a great opportunity to show your talents, from beginner
      to "old-timer" and to see what others are doing.... And, the exchange is
      open to everyone from anywhere. I currently have 4 participants from
      Canada, so it's at least an international effort. The only thing I am
      asking for is a card for every other participant and a donation to cover
      your postage costs (to be determined when I get a final number of
      participants). This Friday is the final day to sign up, and you have had 2
      weeks to decide to participate, so let's hear from some more participants
      in the next few days....

      To date, I have 15 participants including myself. Would love to see a
      great group like we get for the Christmas bundle, and that is why I am
      promoting it on all the letterpress message groups I belong to, even if a
      little redundant. I know there are people that avoid one group in favor of
      another, so I hope I am hitting all the relevant groups that I have

      One note on card content. I am certainly not limiting this to a
      "Christian Holiday" card, so if anyone would prefer a "Passover" card, that
      would be great too! (Other than those two holidays, I can think of another
      religious holiday during that time. However a general "Welcome Spring"
      card for the non-religious would also be welcome, anything that fits into
      the general season of Easter/Passover/Spring.....

      Once again, the specifics:

      The printed entry MUST be printed by the letterpress process, using any
      form of raised surface to print from (type, magnesium/copper/zinc
      engravings, photopolymer, wood cuts, linoleum cuts, etc), in as many colors
      as you desire.

      Size: Maximum 8.5" x 5.5", flat or folded. No envelopes, please, to
      reduce mailing weight.

      Quantity: One card for each participant, final count will be give shortly
      after 2/24/2006 (Currently 15)

      Postage Donation per participant: US Postage for 15 cards estimated at
      $2.00 1st Class, $4.00 Priority Mail (up to 60 cards)

      Date to confirm participation: February 24, 2006

      Submission must be received by: March 24, 2006

      Bundles will be mailed on or about March 30, 2006 so they are received
      before Easter (4/16/06) by everyone.

      Please email me at lwwill7999@... if you are going to participate
      so we will have an accurate count.

      Current List of Participants: