General Letterpress Easter Card Exchange - Cross Posted Message

  • Lance Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2006
      Since there have been a couple card exchanges in the past few months on the LETPRESS list, I thought I might bite the bullet and offer up my services to handle another card exchange event. It is open to any letterpress printer that is interested in participating.

      Since Easter is around the corner, I figured we could all work on an Easter Card. I am setting the following specifications for the card exchange:

      The printed entry MUST be printed by the letterpress process, using any form of raised surface to print from (type, magnesium/copper/zinc engravings, photopolymer, wood cuts, linoleum cuts, etc), in as many colors as you desire.

      Size: Maximum 8�" x 5�", flat or folded. No envelopes, please, to reduce mailing weight.
      Date to Confirm Participation: February 24, 2006 (two weeks from today)
      Submission Must be Received by: March 24, 2006 (6 weeks from today)
      Bundles will be Mailed on March 30, 2006 so they are received before Easter (4/16/06) by everyone.

      Mailing costs are to be covered in part by participants, but since I do not know how many people will be participating, and what the approximate weight of a bundle will be, it is impossible to set a price on the postage at this time [5 participants per ounce, 45-90 participants would be 2 pounds priority mail ($4.05 postage per bundle)] so I guess $4.00 per US contributor would be a close estimate assuming we get 50+ participants. (Overseas postage would have to be determined) I will get a better estimate when I know how may people will be participating. I will cover the cost of the Bundle Envelope and all the additional postage costs not covered by the participant contributions.

      If you would like to participate, please email me by clicking on this link: lwwill7999@...

      - Lance Williams
      Williams Stationery Co.
      PO Box 266
      Camden, New York 13316
      APA #785

      NOTE TO APA MEMBERS:
      This is a cross posted message, so APA Members, this does not apply to an APA printing project, but a general project for all member and non-member letterpress printers that wish to participate, and will not count towards APA bundle contributions. It is an "outside" event from the APA.