Next to the Last Call... M&H Type & Arion Press Tour this Saturday, Feb. 11 - 10:30 a.m. 'til Noon

  • Steve Robison
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2006
      TO ALL THOSE WHO MAY NOT HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED THIS
      INVITATION, YOU CAN STILL GO!

      JUST RSVP TO M&H PRESS...CONTACT INFO IS AT THE END OF
      THIS E-MAIL:

      To: sfletterpress@yahoogroups.com
      From: "mandhtype" <mandhtype@...
      Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:11:57 -0000
      Subject: [sfletterpress] Free tour of M & H Type and
      Arion Press

      We will be hosting a free tour on Saturday, February
      11, at 10:30 a.m. for members of the sfletterpress
      group and your friends. The focus of the tour will be
      the typefoundry, but
      you will also see the pressroom, bookbindery, and
      gallery.
      In the foundry we will be casting type on the Monotype
      composition and Thompson casters. Lewis Mitchell and I
      will
      be on hand to answer any questions you may have about
      the operation.

      Please call or e-mail me so we can accommodate you and
      your party. The tour will start promptly at 10:30
      a.m. and conclude around noon.

      If you cannot make it to this tour, another may be
      scheduled in the near future. We also offer tours of
      the facility on Thursdays at 3:00 p.m. to the general
      public for a fee of $7.00 per person by reservation.

      There will be no charge on this occasion.

      Directions:

      We are located just inside the Presidio entrance on
      Fifteenth Avenue off Lake Street, on the Richmond/Sea
      Cliff side of the Presidio.

      Once inside the entrance, proceed to the stop sign in
      front of the vacant Public Health Services Hospital.

      To the right of the hospital is a tall smokestack,
      attached to our building, #1802.

      Turn right at the stop sign onto Wedemeyer and follow
      the road around to the left where it becomes Hays
      Street.

      Parking is available in front of our building and in
      the lower lots near the Presidio entrance.

      Further information about M & H Type and Arion Press
      can be found on our website listed below.

      Kenny Howard
      M & H Type
      Tel: 415-668-2546
      E-mail: mandhtype@...