Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Free tour of M&H Type

  • Steve Robison
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2006
      Thanks Norman.

      You hit the mark with your clarification.

      The idea is to come and enjoy the company of other
      letterpress folks as we have a wonderful tour of a
      working foundry and adjoining press and bindry.

      I'm extending the invitation to EVERYONE who has an
      interest. Don't get hung up on who got invited or
      how.

      Just consider yourself invited on Sat. Feb. 11th if
      you have an interest, and give M&H a heads up in
      advance as a courtesy so they can plan for the size of
      the group.

      Best wishes,

      --Steve

      Steve Robison
      sfletterpress list manager
      & letterpress printer
      Belmont, CA

      --- Norman L McKnight <philoxenia@...>
      wrote:

      > For anyone who might still be confused as to who is
      > in & who is out
      > at the M&H Type tour, you might consider that the
      > intention is not
      > to limit the tour to exclude anyone, it is to
      > encourage letterpress
      > printers to become acquainted with the resources
      > available at M&H
      > Type; and because this is a "working shop" there are
      > some consider-
      > ations regarding safety. For this reason they need
      > to know how many
      > people to plan for. I am fairly certain the purpose
      > is to acquaint
      > the many letterpress printers, both real & imagined,
      > with the many
      > resources the foundry has to offer. Any lettepress
      > printer ought to
      > find this opportunity informative and interesting.
      > Take some time
      > and enjoy the hospitality and find out how type is
      > made. You could
      > find far worse ways to spend the day!
      >
      > Norman McKnight
      > Philoxenia Press