Re: Free tour of M&H Type

  • Norman L McKnight
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2006
      For anyone who might still be confused as to who is in & who is out
      at the M&H Type tour, you might consider that the intention is not
      to limit the tour to exclude anyone, it is to encourage letterpress
      printers to become acquainted with the resources available at M&H
      Type; and because this is a "working shop" there are some consider-
      ations regarding safety. For this reason they need to know how many
      people to plan for. I am fairly certain the purpose is to acquaint
      the many letterpress printers, both real & imagined, with the many
      resources the foundry has to offer. Any lettepress printer ought to
      find this opportunity informative and interesting. Take some time
      and enjoy the hospitality and find out how type is made. You could
      find far worse ways to spend the day!

      Norman McKnight
      Philoxenia Press
      Berkeley
    • Steve Robison
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2006
        Thanks Norman.

        You hit the mark with your clarification.

        The idea is to come and enjoy the company of other
        letterpress folks as we have a wonderful tour of a
        working foundry and adjoining press and bindry.

        I'm extending the invitation to EVERYONE who has an
        interest. Don't get hung up on who got invited or
        how.

        Just consider yourself invited on Sat. Feb. 11th if
        you have an interest, and give M&H a heads up in
        advance as a courtesy so they can plan for the size of
        the group.

        Best wishes,

        --Steve

        Steve Robison
        sfletterpress list manager
        & letterpress printer
        Belmont, CA

        --- Norman L McKnight <philoxenia@...>
        wrote:

        > For anyone who might still be confused as to who is
        > in & who is out
        > at the M&H Type tour, you might consider that the
        > intention is not
        > to limit the tour to exclude anyone, it is to
        > encourage letterpress
        > printers to become acquainted with the resources
        > available at M&H
        > Type; and because this is a "working shop" there are
        > some consider-
        > ations regarding safety. For this reason they need
        > to know how many
        > people to plan for. I am fairly certain the purpose
        > is to acquaint
        > the many letterpress printers, both real & imagined,
        > with the many
        > resources the foundry has to offer. Any lettepress
        > printer ought to
        > find this opportunity informative and interesting.
        > Take some time
        > and enjoy the hospitality and find out how type is
        > made. You could
        > find far worse ways to spend the day!
        >
        > Norman McKnight
        > Philoxenia Press