Re: [PPLetterpress] Photopolymer Plates

  • typetom@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 22, 2006
      Hi Ian,
      I use the steel backed plate material, Miraclon MS152, from Gene Becker:
      _www.photopolymerplates.com_ (http://www.photopolymerplates.com)
      (718) 454 0654
      73 - 48 183 Street
      Flushing NY 11366

      There are other suppliers and manufacturers, with differing depth, hardness,
      size, and backing. More details about your plans might get you more specific
      suggestions suited to your needs.

      I get 10 sheets at a time, size A3 (297x420 mm) for something close to $300
      with shipping. The steel backed plates have to be cut with a sheer trimmer,
      un-like the polyester backed material which can be cut with scissors; the
      depth of the photopolymer material has to be paired with the right backing block
      to make it type-high....
      Best wishes, Tom

      Tom Parson
      Now It's Up To You Publications