Motors driving presses

  • ausart1938
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2006
      At Gulgong Pioneers Museum we have a 1hp single phase 240 motor driving
      a jack shaft that in turn runs our 12x18 C&P and our small 15x20 hand
      fed Wharfedale stop cylinder press, the shafting came from old
      shearing gear and cost nil plus we had some pulleys around the museum
      (one is an old wooden pulley) the drive from the motor to the jack
      shaft is V belt and to the machines is by flat leather belts. The
      shafting is floor mounted with covers over the belts for safety, the
      machines are geared down for easy feeding. We have been doing repairs
      on our Wharfedale and hope to have it running soon. Hope to get time
      this year to have a go at making poly plates, our supplier has got
      unreliable. Arthur in Australia.