Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Plates for H/Berg Cylinder

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5 12:27 AM
      Dear Dan

      The Bunting Bases come in a lot of weird sizes. The reason for this is that
      Bunting has configured the sizing to fit, in combination, the various chase
      sizes of the major presses: C & P, Heidelberg, B & K, Miehle, New Era. Most of
      the newer letterpress manufacturers (European) are running cylinder-shaped
      magnetic bases, which Bunting also supplies.

      Yes, while the magnetism of a Bunting is extremely strong, you can still
      experience plate travel on a Heidleberg, especially with large solids of the
      kind that you are running. Bunting provides bases with optional pin
      registration and scribelines. I suspect most of the commerecial outfits would
      buy these, but most folks running out of a studio might not want the added
      expense to what is already a considerable expense. A cheap run around is a
      butt bar, locked in with the base which prevents the plate from traveling.

      All best

      Gerald