Re: [PPLetterpress] Digital Ligatures

  • Scott Rubel
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 2, 2006
      I was not aware of this in InDesign.

      Bummer…all the time I spent inserting ligatures.

      Ignorance. Thank you for the lesson.

      --Scott

      On Jan 2, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Carole Aldrich wrote:

      > It is very simple to "turn on" the use of ligatures in page layout
      > software like Quark or InDesign. It does not make extra work, only
      > the awareness that this should be done, just as turning on the
      > function to convert "typewriter quotes" to "curly quotes".
      >
      > Carole Aldrich
      > carolealdrich@...
      > 909-625-7722
      > 909-625-9822 fax
      > 909-374-2981 cell
    • Farida Bee
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 2, 2006
        Scott,

        This would make a great T-shirt design.

        Farida

        --- Scott Rubel <scott@...> wrote:

        > Pace out front of your favorite bookstore carrying a
        sign with an "f" and "l" with a red circle and cross
        through them.

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com
      • Michael T. Metz
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 2, 2006
          That's hilarious, and it would probably make the
          news. Civil disobedience at its best.