Re: [PPLetterpress] polymer plate brands

  • LS M
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2002
      Hello all.
      I've recently acquired a pp exposure/wash-out unit.
      I'm thinking of buying a Boxcar Base but first need to find the right
      poly-backed plate. I need something that can print fine details and has
      enough relief to give the paper a good punch.
      The local pp supplier, Williamson Printing Materials, only lists Toyobo
      Printight letterpress plates on their website. Most of the small press
      websites I've found online mention using BASF or Jet plates exclusively. Is
      there a tremendous difference between these and the Toyobo plates? Which
      seem to work the best?
      Does anyone know where I could find BASF/Jet plates in Southern Ontario or
      near Toronto?
      Thank you
      Lyne
      Marsville Press