platemakers

  • desslemont
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
      I started out with a shoe brsush, progressed onto the kid's
      teddy-bears and currently use domestic paint pads. Now I'm looking to
      buy a used (second-hand) platemaker here in the UK. Would anyone care
      to tell me what machines they use, are you happy with them, would you
      recommend them?
      What should I look out for when buying a used platemaker?
      I use BASF WS1194 plates and I assume I should be looking for a unit
      that is specifically water washout, or can you use those designed for
      aggressive solvents.
      Does anyone in the UK have of know of one for sale?
      David Ess
    • bielerpr
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
        > Now I'm looking to buy a used (second-hand) platemaker here in the > UK. Would anyone care to tell me what machines they use, are you >happy with them, would you recommend them?

        > Does anyone in the UK have of know of one for sale?
        > David Ess

        Dear David

        Happy to see you were able to make it in. Only UK source I know of
        for used equipment including photopolymer platemaking machines is
        Polygraphica

        http://www.polygraphica.co.uk/html/preownedb.htm

        Good luck