The King is Dead, Long Live the New King

    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 27, 2005
      Oh well, it was bound to come to light, OpenType is just TrueType or PostScript Type 1 after all (but with tables don't forget—well not in these particular offerings but...). Except, of course, you have to buy your fonts all over again (that is, if you want them to work in new and forthcoming programs/systems). Now how did the font industry manage to pull that off?

      http://www.ascenderfonts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen==SFNT

      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 1, 2006
        Per

        I cut off the last of my post to you by mistake. I think the date of
        Schöffer's entry into the project is fairly accurate primarily because
        somewhere was a reference to his being in Mainz prior to the fall of
        Constantinople (1493), which was of considerable concern to the
        European community.