3 phase/single phase

  • ausart1938
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2005
      At Gulgong Pioneers Museum we converted a 10x15 Heidelberg Platen and
      a V50 Miehle vertical to single phase, out here the converters are too
      expensive and the cost was going to be around $au3,000 to conect the 3
      phase, we bought a 2hp and a 3hp single phase motors for $au700 and
      this works fine. Our 12x18 C&P and our 15x20 Wharfedale Hand fed stop
      cylinder are run from one shaft (mounted on the floor) and run by a
      single phase motor. Our Ludlow, C3 Intertype, Model 78 Linotype are
      all run on single phase power. Arthur in Australia.