Re: Paul Hayden Duensing's 16th Century Roman

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2005
      Ludwig

      Thanks, but Paul's Rustica and his Sixteenth Century Roman were two
      completely different faces. The former is a face based on an early
      manuscript hand, the latter was literally based on a 16th century
      roman that Paul had found (the actual punches or matrices).

      Paul never cast much of this stuff as he would just announce the
      casting and base the amount on the orders that came in. I bought
      several fonts of the Sixteenth Century Roman at the time, and
      subsequently used it for a number of projects including the titling
      throughout a book. Eventually the metal type was sold off. As it turns
      out, the book may be reprinted and may require a change. Thus the search.

      I was thinking Paul Lloyd, Manfred Klein, Deiter Speffmann et al would
      have made a digital replication. I try to pick up every historical
      font these folks do, but that is also part of the problem as their
      type output is massive and they commonly do not use the original
      appellation.

      Hopefully I still have a specimen around somewhere and can reconstruct
      what I need from that.

      Gerald

      > You could try searching on "Rustica" which seems to have been the
      original
      > name of the fount.
      >
      > -> Rustica Sixteenth Century Roman
      >

      > Ludwig
    • Dan Franklin
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 4, 2005
        Would Paul know the name of the digital font? My last e-mail address for him is

        Paul Duensing <Pahadu@...>