Re: [PPLetterpress] 16th Century Roman

  • typetom@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2005
      In a message dated 11/4/2005, minxon@... writes:

      That's a wonderful font. I've been helping out at Don Emblen's Clamshell
      Press in
      Santa Rosa, and discovered he had a case of it in 18-pt. It has all the
      logotypes &
      ligatures - things like the little semi-tilde over a vowel that indicates an
      "n" is hidden.
      Even the unused letterfaces look 'distressed', as they say in furniture
      finishing. The
      result is like a facsimile. I used it in a book I'm doing but had to have a
      plate made of
      it after reducing the text to 12-pt.....I checked the usual internet sources
      & didn't find
      anyone who had more of that font.

      None of this answers your question about digital sources...but I'm still
      very interested
      in acquiring the metal type if anyone knows of a source...

      eric johnson

      Hi Eric,
      Your description is great except this type was cast only in 24 point size!
      Best wishes, Tom

      Tom Parson
      Now It's Up To You Publications
      157 S. Logan, Denver CO 80209