Identify this shop accessory

  • Blue Barnhouse
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2005
      Hi there,

      I once posted to the list for this and didn't get a response, but now
      I have incriminating photos.

      Any idea of the specific name for the following clip? And where one
      might find more of them? The screwhole was my addition- about 12 of
      these came with an entire shop that went up on ebay some years ago.

      http://bluebarnhouse.org/theclaw1.gif
      http://bluebarnhouse.org/theclaw2.gif

      thanks!

      Brandon
    • Warren Gailbreath, Jr.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2005
        I do not know what it is. If I were to be using it on
        my Miehle Vertical, I would use it on the delivery end
        of my press to deflect the sheet off of the sheet
        backstops.

        It would be quick to install and remove. Who knows,
        maybe thats what they are really for, or maybe to hold
        your pants up but the suspenders are missing.

        With truth and humor.

        Warren Gailbreath,Jr.
        Southwest Finishing, Inc.
        Ft.Worth, Texas
      • Graham and Kathy
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2005
          An equivalent to these is available - it has a plastic disc back (which has
          an adhesive pad), out of which comes some coated flexible steel cable about
          six inches long which terminates in an alligator clip. I have one stuck by
          the random for holding copy. It was a promotional gift, but I understand
          they are sold in office supply shops.

          Graham Moss
          Incline Press
          36 Bow Street