Re: [PPLetterpress] Impression Issues

  • Joel at D.L.
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2005
      Hi Roderick,
      I'm going to reveal my ignorance and admit that I'm not sure what a
      "two-level brass printing die" is. But I do know about blind printing
      and show through. You really can't blind deboss without getting some
      kind of show through, as you just have to whack it to be able to read
      the detail, as you have seen. The only thing that can be done is to
      prep the client in advance as to what they are going to get.

      If you take something to be EMbossed, it has show through on the back.
      It's an inescapable fact of the process; same as with debossing.

      Joel
      Dependable Letterpress
      San Francisco