Re: On Bronzing: the project report

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
      Regis

      There is a passage in Moxon where he describes what I call the
      "somatic anaphora" of printing (it's always been my favorite Moxon,
      probably because it is so not Moxon):

      "He keeps a constant and methodical posture and gesture in every
      action of Pulling and Beating, which in a train of Work becomes
      habitual to him, and eases his Body, by not running into unnecessary
      divertions of Postures or Gestures in his Labour, and it eases his
      mind from much of its care, for the same causes have constantly the
      same effects. And a Pull of the same strength upon the same Form, with
      the same Beating, and with the same Blankets, &c. will give the same
      Colour and Impression."

      But, I got to tell you once the excitement of figuring it out and
      getting it down was over, it became a bit boring. I think I am losing
      my patience with the somatic anaphora. :—)

      Gerald

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
        Regis

        I couldn't quite capture the coloration and granulation of the metallic powders (my reds petered out), but I did get the courser surface of the Curtis Flannel. The Photos section here didn't capture it quite right but Flicker did okay. Odd though since Yahoo owns Flicker now. But for a look see go to

        http://BielerPress.blogspot.com

        You'll have to scroll down a bit. Post is titled The Gruffyground Chapbooks.

        All best

        Gerald