Re: [PPLetterpress] transparent/clear van son ink

  • Kathleen Whalen
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
      On 4/10/05 23:07, "chuck sumner" <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > I have used Van Son High Gloss Overprint Varnish
      > I can't tell if it's rubber base or something else, but it does stay
      > open a long time.
      >
      > It adds a modicum of gloss, but not as much as I'd hoped for.
      > Maybe several coats?

      Two runs - let it dry between them. You are sealing the paper, so the ink
      printed on top should come up glossy, and of course takes longer to dry as
      it can only dry in the air - no absorption. Interleaving with newsprint is a
      good idea, and piles of less than fifty sheets - don't press them flat under
      any circumstances.

      Graham Moss
      Incline Press
      36 Bow Street