RE:Guillotine Bolts

  • John Henry
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2005
      I have a set of threading dies which are adjustable (Little Giant Two
      Piece Die Blank System) which may make it possible to take a standard
      9/16" bolt and by using the 9/16"-12 die, recut the threads to bring it
      down to a 1/2" diameter. I don't kniow that I have the 9/16"-12 die, but
      I checked the MSC book and they are available. It might be better to cut
      new threads in the bolts rather than the cutting blade.

      Has anyone else used these adjustable dies to cut non-standard threads?

      I'll check my dies when I get home and see if I have a 9/16-12 die. If
      so, I could give it a try for you. Would have to use a softer bolt
      material, but that wouldn't be bad on a cutter.

      John Henry