direct printing to zinc plate

  • Eagle Print ( Louie Dudas )
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2005
      Yesterday I picked up a Canon BJC-5100 inkjet printer on a flea
      market. It has a straight paper path from the back, and can take
      stock
      up to 146 lbs. Factory max thickness is 0.8 mm, but after taking it
      apart, I think, it can be modified for even thicker stock. I was
      thinking, I could feed a zinc plate trough this machine, and print
      resist mask directly on to it. The question is; what kind of an ink
      should I use for the resist, which will resist Zink sulphate and
      electro etching, and at the same time wont clog the printing head?
      thanks,
      Louie