Press Recommendations

  • mzslb
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25 10:23 AM
      I'm looking into available presses to buy and wanted your
      recommendations. I currently rent studio time and have used a Kluge
      (with auto feeder) and a C&P platen hand fed. On the Kluge I am able
      to run a very heavy stock - an 80 pt. pulpboard and it works like a
      champ picking it up, etc.

      Any other recommedations on presses w/ auto feeders that work well
      with heavier stocks? I've heard for a Heidelberg windmill the
      heaviest it will pick up is around 18 pt. Don't know if that's true
      or not.

      Any recommedations?

      Thanks!
      sherry
    • boxcarpress
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
        You can print paper heavier than 18 pt on the Windmill. We use 10x15
        Windmills and run Finch 200 lbs DTC (25 pt) and Copperplate 2-ply (33
        pt) without any major problems.

        Hope this helps,
        Harold

        Boxcar Press