A&V Orbital X washout

  • elumdesigns
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2005
      I thought I would post this for those that are using the Orbital X, or
      any A&V machine for that matter. I am not familiar with any other
      machines washout but if you can use this "tip" please do!

      I have experienced in the past a few issues with the washout on my
      machine. For one, the temp in the washout was not consistent
      throughout becasue the heating element was located in one area and
      there is no water circulation.

      The second issue was pretty much related to the first. Because the
      heating element was centrally located and there was no circulation,
      the polymer tended to build up on the heating element itself and
      eventually burn onto the element and get caked onto it.

      I just so happen to have saltwater aquarium in my office and I am
      always messing around with it and buying new pumps and powerheads.
      For those that have an aquarium, you know what I am talking about, for
      those that don't have one.... don't get one! Unless you have a lot of
      free time on your hands and want to get into a labor of love hobby.

      I have a few extra powerheads (small pumps that go in aquariums to
      circulate water) laying around so we decided to put one into the
      washout to see if it helped. It did. The powerhead circulates the
      water and prevents it from congregating on the element and keeps the
      water in the washout a consistent temperature all day.

      You can find these in a local aquarium store, I have a Rio 600 in mine
      and it works perfectly. Its small and moves 600gph. They cost about
      $14.00 or so.

      Brad