Part-Time Letterpress Printmaker/Designer wanted, NYC

  • Adrienne Wong
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2005
      Happy Buddha, a division of Double Happiness Design,
      is looking for a part time letterpress printer to
      assist in established graphic design and printmaking
      studio in NYC. Starting 2-3 days a week, but growing
      rapidly as more orders come in through our new retail
      shop, Superdeluxe. Run by 2 graphic designers,
      Superdeluxe is a design shop specializing in limited
      edition or custom small run products. Custom
      stationery and invitations, greeting cards and novelty
      stationery are all printed on a Vandercook Uni 1.

      Candidates should be able to work during the weekday,
      as partners in the studio come in at nights and
      weekends. Also one-on-one tutorials are taught by
      owner during these same times. The candidate will not
      be working in the shop, they will produce work for the
      shop and the ownerÕs designed work. Also, silkscreen
      printing experience a plus (but not necessary) but
      greatly increases your chances for more work, as shop
      co-owner is silkscreen printer and we often mix our
      techniques for our products. We are looking for
      someone to start soon as we are getting ready for the
      holiday season fulfilling custom orders and creating
      designed product.

      Responsibilities include:
      - Printing, cutting, scoring and folding letterpress
      printed products for clients and store.
      - Graphic design and production.
      - Prepping digital files, ordering film and plates -
      no platemaking duties necessary, but experience a plus
      for future growth of company.
      - Mixing inks to Pantone specifications.
      - Ordering and maintaining paper and supplies.
      - Consulting with clients on custom orders.
      - Coordinating print schedule for deadlines, other
      printers, etc... orders will have first priority.

      Qualifications:
      - Experience and knowledge of how to run and maintain
      a Vandercook Uni 1 press.
      - Experience printing custom stationery, invitations
      and greeting cards
      - Must be able to do bindery and finishing work:
      cutting, scoring, folding, lining envelopes.
      - Detail oriented.
      - Excellent craftsmenship.

      We offer:
      - A creative work environment with minimal
      supervision.
      - Flexible part-time schedule.
      - Opportunity for advancement and growth within the
      company.

      Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience - graphic
      design experience will be preferred.

      Please send your resume and your availability to
      adrienne@... or
      adriennewong2004@.... Printed samples and
      portfolio required for interviews. References
      required.