Part-Time Letterpress Printmaker/Designer wanted, NYC
- Happy Buddha, a division of Double Happiness Design,
is looking for a part time letterpress printer to
assist in established graphic design and printmaking
studio in NYC. Starting 2-3 days a week, but growing
rapidly as more orders come in through our new retail
shop, Superdeluxe. Run by 2 graphic designers,
Superdeluxe is a design shop specializing in limited
edition or custom small run products. Custom
stationery and invitations, greeting cards and novelty
stationery are all printed on a Vandercook Uni 1.
Candidates should be able to work during the weekday,
as partners in the studio come in at nights and
weekends. Also one-on-one tutorials are taught by
owner during these same times. The candidate will not
be working in the shop, they will produce work for the
shop and the ownerÕs designed work. Also, silkscreen
printing experience a plus (but not necessary) but
greatly increases your chances for more work, as shop
co-owner is silkscreen printer and we often mix our
techniques for our products. We are looking for
someone to start soon as we are getting ready for the
holiday season fulfilling custom orders and creating
- Printing, cutting, scoring and folding letterpress
printed products for clients and store.
- Graphic design and production.
- Prepping digital files, ordering film and plates -
no platemaking duties necessary, but experience a plus
for future growth of company.
- Mixing inks to Pantone specifications.
- Ordering and maintaining paper and supplies.
- Consulting with clients on custom orders.
- Coordinating print schedule for deadlines, other
printers, etc... orders will have first priority.
- Experience and knowledge of how to run and maintain
a Vandercook Uni 1 press.
- Experience printing custom stationery, invitations
and greeting cards
- Must be able to do bindery and finishing work:
cutting, scoring, folding, lining envelopes.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent craftsmenship.
- A creative work environment with minimal
- Flexible part-time schedule.
- Opportunity for advancement and growth within the
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience - graphic
design experience will be preferred.
Please send your resume and your availability to
adriennewong2004@.... Printed samples and
portfolio required for interviews. References