APHA Conference deadlines approaching

  • Paul W. Romaine
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2005
      Deadlines are fast approaching for this September's APHA conference
      in the San Francisco Bay area, and you risk being frozen out of
      accommodations or missing out on discounted registration.

      If you're missing your registration form, you can download the latest
      from the APHA website (follow the links to the "conference and
      registration brochure"--it's a small PDF file):
      http://www.printinghistory.org/htm/conference/2005/index.htm

      Latest information about the conference can also be found at the above page.

      1. Hotel. The Sir Francis Drake is RAPIDLY filling up. (Call the
      Drake at (800) 227-5480 and ask for the "American Printing History
      Association conference rate.")

      2. Dorms. There are also dorm rooms on the Mills College campus. Note
      that since producing the brochure, Mills changed its reservations
      number and email address. For dorm room reservations only, please
      call 510-430-2063 or email rsears@....

      3. Conference discount registration. Early registration ends on
      August 15. Save $15 by sending your registration check early. (You'll
      also avoid my raised eyebrow when you pick-up your registration tags.)

      Schedule: Early birds can enjoy a number of activities on Thursday
      afternoon. We follow with dinner and our keynote speaker Thursday
      evening at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel. We will spend all day Friday
      at Mills College in Oakland for the conference. While the formal
      conference ends on Friday, there will be enough activities on
      Saturday to keep you in the Bay area for workshops, open houses and,
      of course, the annual Lieberman Lecture, being delivered by Gabriel
      Rummonds late on Saturday afternoon at the University of San Francisco.

      (Incidentally, I'm delighted to note that the letterpress invitations
      to the Gabriel Rummonds lecture will be printed and designed by Jack
      Stauffacher, our 2000 Lieberman laureate.)

      Paul W. Romaine
      Vice-President for Programs and Webmaster
      American Printing History Association
      www.printinghistory.org