Re: letterpress optimised digital type - INK TRAPPING

    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 26, 2005
      Ludwig

      I think I have found something...

      I had previously not read the final chapter, "The Colorado Project,"
      on Mandel's work in the Southall book. Mandel used the term "cutout"
      for ink trap and "finial" for thorn. The note regarding the problem of
      scale and size with PostScript is of interest as is his suggestion
      that these additions need to be sacrified during printing "leaving
      behind the real intended shape of the character." Southall does spend
      a bit more time with this.

      Gerald

      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 26, 2005