Re: [PPLetterpress] letterpress optimised digital type [was: Favourite fonts for Photopolymer printing]

    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 18, 2005
      Paul

      I'm not quite certain but I think Jim Rimmer may have done this. He
      recently contracted with an undisclosed foundry to sell his digital font
      designs and revivals and is now concentrating on punchcutting.

      I can send you his email address if you would like to contact him.

      Gerald

      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 26, 2005
        Ludwig

        I think I have found something...

        I had previously not read the final chapter, "The Colorado Project,"
        on Mandel's work in the Southall book. Mandel used the term "cutout"
        for ink trap and "finial" for thorn. The note regarding the problem of
        scale and size with PostScript is of interest as is his suggestion
        that these additions need to be sacrified during printing "leaving
        behind the real intended shape of the character." Southall does spend
        a bit more time with this.

        Gerald