Re: Favourite fonts for Photopolymer printing

    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 14 2:34 PM
      Caryl

      I put a pic of the Rialto printed letterpress in the Photos section
      here. Photos > Bieler Press > Rialto. You need to view it at the high
      rez version. This was shot at any angle because the piece is quite
      large but I think it shows how well the face sets and how conducive it
      is to the process.

      I sent an email earlier in the day but it apparently got lost in the
      ozone. So, in case it never shows up: The last price I saw on Rialto,
      in 2002, was $509USD. I wrote a review of the typeface at about that
      time and a copy can be found at TypeRoad.

      Gerald Lange
      http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
      http://TypeRoad.blogspot.com

      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 26 1:05 PM
        Ludwig

        I think I have found something...

        I had previously not read the final chapter, "The Colorado Project,"
        on Mandel's work in the Southall book. Mandel used the term "cutout"
        for ink trap and "finial" for thorn. The note regarding the problem of
        scale and size with PostScript is of interest as is his suggestion
        that these additions need to be sacrified during printing "leaving
        behind the real intended shape of the character." Southall does spend
        a bit more time with this.

        Gerald