Re: Favourite fonts for Photopolymer printing

    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 11 12:36 PM
      FYI

      There is a downloadable PDF of the Rialto specimen book here in Files
      > Reference materials > Rialto-26922.pdf

      Gerald Lange
      http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
      http://TypeRoad.blogspot.com

      http://www.druckschriften.de/Typo-Top-100/Schriften/Fischbachpresse/fischbac

      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 26 1:05 PM
        Ludwig

        I think I have found something...

        I had previously not read the final chapter, "The Colorado Project,"
        on Mandel's work in the Southall book. Mandel used the term "cutout"
        for ink trap and "finial" for thorn. The note regarding the problem of
        scale and size with PostScript is of interest as is his suggestion
        that these additions need to be sacrified during printing "leaving
        behind the real intended shape of the character." Southall does spend
        a bit more time with this.

        Gerald