Favourite fonts for Photopolymer printing

  • hollowpress
    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 11, 2005
      I've just started to print from photopolymer plates (Boxcar).
      I publish limited editions of Canadian poetry and used Minion for
      the two books I've printed this way.
      I use Bembo and Spectrum when printing from lead type.
      Has anyone used the new Bembo (is it called Bembo Expert)?
      What other fonts would you recommend?
      Caryl Peters
      Frog Hollow Press
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 26, 2005
        Ludwig

        I think I have found something...

        I had previously not read the final chapter, "The Colorado Project,"
        on Mandel's work in the Southall book. Mandel used the term "cutout"
        for ink trap and "finial" for thorn. The note regarding the problem of
        scale and size with PostScript is of interest as is his suggestion
        that these additions need to be sacrified during printing "leaving
        behind the real intended shape of the character." Southall does spend
        a bit more time with this.

        Gerald