Re: [PPLetterpress] help identifying wood type

  • alex brooks
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19, 2005
      Steve Sax identified my type as:
      "Antique Tuscan XX Condensed. First shown by John Cooley in his 1859
      specimen. Lowercase was not always designed for this face." - Rob Roy
      Kelly, American Wood Type  - 1828-1900, page 282.

      thanks for everyone else who tried to help

      in regards to this:
      > In all the browsers I tried,
      >          mozilla firefox
      >          opera
      >          windows internet explorer
      >
      > the images did not came at all, if you want us to look
      > at it, you must be sure your website is working properly

      i built this website quickly before i went to work yesterday, so i
      didn't have time to debug it in mozilla, opera, or ie. it ran fine on
      safari, as safari has no problems with TIF images. TIF is what i
      normally work with, and I wasn't aware that other browsers had problems
      with them.

      The images were still available for download through the website, even
      though not visible in your browser.

      however, if anyone is still interested in seeing my proofs, i can
      upload JPG versions.

      thanks again for everyone's help (or attempted help)
      -alex brooks
      press eight seventeen
      lexington, ky