cleaning polymer plates

  • rww0001public
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2005
      As a new subscriber, I checked the archives of this forum to find what others were using to
      clean polymer plates after printing. I've found a number of responses but no one seems to
      want to say This is the best way. Is there a best way to clean plates?

      Rutherford Witthus
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2005
        Rutherford

        Once upon a time practically every solvent manufacturer had something
        or other for photopolymer. Varn had Plate Wash D-6. Anchor had
        Fotopoly. Etc.

        There are a few plate washes listed in the Links section here in the
        folder Supplies and Materials. Including Anchor's Aled Plate Wash. I
        use it (it is formulated for rubber, plastic, nylon, dies, wood) but
        it has to be special ordered these days from an Anchor distributor
        (last time I ordered I had to buy a carton). It is fast drying, leaves
        no oily residue, does not effect the materials listed or adhesives
        like sticky back, and is rated as non-toxic.

        I called up my sales rep at Anderson & Vreeland a while back and asked
        him what he recommended. He said any high quality type and plate wash
        will do the trick, and did not have any specific recommendations.

        Gerald Lange
        http://BielerPress.blogspot.com