Seeking broadsides for museum display

  • mamiehale@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2005
      Hello PPL,

      I work in the print shop at the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne, VT
      (www.shelburnemuseum.org). We are a demonstrating site with a fair amount of equipment;
      we regularly use an 1820s Acorn handpress, an 1870s Dorman job press, and a
      1950 Heidelberg. The museum sees 120,000 visitors annually. Guests with any sort
      of interest in printing, graphic arts or publishing always find their way to
      our print shop.

      We have lots of empty wall space where we would like to display work by
      present day letterpress printers. We do not have the resources to purchase all your
      lovely work, but we would have a tag giving your press credit as well as a
      means to contact you (web address, phone, or physical address). We are looking
      for larger broadsides that we would mount on foamboard and display behind the
      presses. We're interested in the press, type and paper used.

      Hopefully, it will be a win-win situation for all of us. We'll have a gallery
      of letterpress work to show our guests; you'll have a captive audience of
      very interested people viewing your work. Email me, MamieHale@..., if you are
      interested.

      Heather Hale