19" Challenge Cutter for Sale

  • rxchow
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2005
      Hello all,

      I need to sell my Challenge Cutter. Excellent condition. Extra blade.
      $400. Need to move/otherwise sell this week. Get it for a good price
      otherwise I may have to call Hicks.

      The full scoop: http://fogday.com/challenge/

      Best, Roderick
    • Harmon Seaver
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2005
        Good luck! I tried for quite awhile with local ads, ebay twice, and
        advertising on the letterpress list to sell my 26.5" C&P cutter. It
        finally went for scrap, which was *really* depressing.

        On 6/7/05, rxchow <rxchow@...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I need to sell my Challenge Cutter. Excellent condition. Extra blade.
        > $400. Need to move/otherwise sell this week. Get it for a good price
        > otherwise I may have to call Hicks.
        >
        > The full scoop: http://fogday.com/challenge/
        >
        > Best, Roderick

        Harmon Seaver
      • alex brooks
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2005
          i just picked up a 26" C&P guillotine this weekend. I went and
          disassembled it (piece of cake) and moved it to my studio in one
          morning. It's easily done with two guys and a pickup.

          BUT - i got mine for free. A more established printer gave it to me. he
          told me "I got it for free so you should too." He needed the space and
          knew I could use the machine. I really appreciate it and will take very
          good care of this machine. I know of more young artists that would love
          to have these machines, will even come and move them, for the right
          price(free).

          It seems that if these items have more value (a different value than
          monetary) then their scrap price, it would not be such a big loss for
          someone to donate a machine like this to a young artist. The karma will
          more than make up for the lost income.

          my two cents
          alex brooks (owner of a free Sigwalt 6x9, free Vandercook Universal I,
          and, most recently, free 26" guillotine)
          press 817
          lexington, ky

          On Jun 7, 2005, at 4:00 PM, Harmon Seaver wrote:

          > Good luck! I tried for quite awhile with local ads, ebay twice, and
          > advertising on the letterpress list to sell my 26.5" C&P cutter. It
          > finally went for scrap, which was *really* depressing.
          >
          > On 6/7/05, rxchow <rxchow@...> wrote:
          > > Hello all,
          > >
          > > I need to sell my Challenge Cutter. Excellent condition. Extra
          > blade.
          > > $400. Need to move/otherwise sell this week. Get it for a good price
          > > otherwise I may have to call Hicks.
          > >
          > > The full scoop: http://fogday.com/challenge/
          > >
          > > Best, Roderick
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Harmon Seaver

          > �
          > �
          > Service.

        • austin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 7, 2005
            Today I advised an owner to allow a 23" Paragon to go to scrap. It is a
            solid complete cutter. But, it has been ignored for several years. It is
            in a basement with no easy way out. It would need to have the blade
            sharpened. There are no sticks. The handle had been broken and repaired.
            It is located in Spencer, WV

            The man called me wanting me to buy the cutter and a 10x15 C&P. My
            comment to him. Both items are desirable provided they are in good shape
            and in the proper location. It is sad to realize that the number of us
            who want to spend tremendous hours removing from impossible locations,
            then working to restore the item is rapidly shrinking.

            There really is a lot of this stuff out there but the cost to move is
            way more than the item is worth.

            Sad but true.

            alex brooks wrote:

            >i just picked up a 26" C&P guillotine this weekend. I went and
            >disassembled it (piece of cake) and moved it to my studio in one
            >morning. It's easily done with two guys and a pickup.
            >
            >BUT - i got mine for free. A more established printer gave it to me. he
            >told me "I got it for free so you should too." He needed the space and
            >knew I could use the machine. I really appreciate it and will take very
            >good care of this machine. I know of more young artists that would love
            >to have these machines, will even come and move them, for the right
            >price(free).
            >
            >It seems that if these items have more value (a different value than
            >monetary) then their scrap price, it would not be such a big loss for
            >someone to donate a machine like this to a young artist. The karma will
            >more than make up for the lost income.
            >
            >my two cents
            >alex brooks (owner of a free Sigwalt 6x9, free Vandercook Universal I,
            >and, most recently, free 26" guillotine)
            >press 817
            >lexington, ky
            >

            >On Jun 7, 2005, at 4:00 PM, Harmon Seaver wrote:

            --

            Austin Jones
            prints by AJ