Vandercook Universal 1 ink drum motor lubrication?

  • misregistered
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2005
      Hello,
      I have recently gotten a Universal 1 press and was curious about how
      to lubricate the inking drum motor. The motor is the original motor.
      There is a small round metal tag (lub level) attatched to the lower of
      2 plugs on the bottom half of the motor. But I do not see how to check
      the level. What is the lubricant?
      The ink drum chain is well lubricated and runs smoothly.
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Thank you