Re: Large format proof press available

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
      Don't know how much this will add to this: Mailanders are a fairly
      respected press in the printmaking field, but I've never heard of one
      designed for relief work (that might need to be checked out ?); the
      presses I've seen were used for lithography. They usually trade at
      quite a high value. A couple of printmaking acquaintances of mine have
      Mailanders and one of them uses a large Vandercook for his relief work.

      In that regard, I know that Takach has custom built large relief
      cylinder presses in the very recent past. I was always sort of hoping
      they would manufacture a smaller model for the letterpress crowd, say
      a 17.5 inch. I'd be one of those folks camping out on the sidewalk
      hoping to be the first in line to give them my money!

      Gerald