Posting netiquette and related concerns

    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2005
      Because this group site has grown substantially, we would very much
      appreciate your attention to posting protocol. Our purpose here is to
      accommodate the needs of the membership at large.

      Please:

      Make sure your postings fit the scope of this group site (as indicated
      in the group description). Use an appropriate descriptive subject
      header (no blanks or daily digest headers). If you are cross-posting
      across several lists or forwarding a message indicate this in the
      subject header.

      Consider your fellow group members when posting. Stay on topic and
      avoid posting privately-intended replies to the entire group. If you
      are replying to a post remove all unnecessary commentary, Yahoo
      add-ons, and remnants of previous posts to the thread.

      The moderators will remove unsubstantial postings such as blank
      replies, duplicates, me toos, spam, junkmail, unsubscribes, automated
      eBay alerts, off subject and frivolous chat. Violators will be put on
      moderated status.

      Do not post virulent personal attacks against another member or
      messages intended to disrupt the group. Offenders will be subject to
      removal from the group. Off topic run-away threads or similar
      disrupution will result in the imposition of an across the board
      moderated cool-down period.

      Do not conduct business transactions via posting. If you have a
      product or service for sale you may certainly announce this but
      transactions should be kept private. Note: We have a Files feature
      that allows members to upload PDFs and other downloadable files of
      materials and equipment for sale, book announcements, and the like.
      There is a feature provided there that also allows you to announce the
      uploading of the file to the list. There is also a Photos feature that
      allows members to upload image files (gifs, jpegs) they would like to
      share.

      Do not post group-related problems to the membership. Instead, contact
      PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
      and we will do our best to help you.

      Note that e-mail attachments or incorporated images are not allowed
      and are stripped automatically from any postings. Use the Files or
      Photos features to upload materials you would normally attach to an
      e-mail.

      Do not use HTML or "enhanced text format" in posts. This is a
      preference that can be changed globally on your MyGroups page or
      specifically for any group on your Edit My Membership page.

      Gerald Lange and Paul Romaine, Moderators
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2005
        Please make sure your postings fit the scope of this group site (as
        indicated in the group description). Use an appropriate descriptive
        subject header (no blanks or daily digest headers). If you are
        cross-posting across several lists or forwarding a message indicate
        this in the subject header.

        Please consider your fellow group members when posting. Stay on topic
        and avoid posting privately-intended replies to the entire group. If
        you are replying to a post remove all unnecessary commentary, Yahoo
        add-ons, and remnants of previous posts to the thread. The moderators
        will remove unsubstantial postings such as blank replies, duplicates,
        spam, automated responses, as well as off subject and frivolous chat.
        Repeat violators will be put on moderated status.

        DO NOT post virulent personal attacks against another member or
        messages intended to disrupt the group. Offenders will be subject to
        removal from the group.

        Please do not conduct business transactions via posting. If you have a
        product or service for sale you may certainly announce this but
        transactions should be kept private. Note: We have a Files feature
        that allows members to upload PDFs and other downloadable files of
        materials and equipment for sale, book announcements, and the like.
        There is also a Photos feature that allows members to upload image
        files (gifs, jpegs) they would like to share.

        DO NOT post group-related problems to the membership. Instead, contact
        PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
        and we will do our best to help you.

        Note that e-mail attachments or incorporated images are not allowed
        and are stripped automatically from any postings. Use the Files or
        Photos features to upload materials you would normally attach to an
        e-mail.

        Gerald Lange and Paul Romaine, Moderators

        This file is sent on an occasional basis to the membership. For future
        reference, it is located in the Files section of the site.