Re: Rollers

    Message 1 of 14 , May 14, 2005
      Hey Alex

      More importantly, what ink did he use? Best hand presswork I've ever seen.

      Gerald

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, alex brooks <alexbrooks@U...> wrote:
      > re: victor hammer's rollers
      >
      > I'm not sure, but I'd say that victor used rubber rollers because all
      > the hand rollers at the King Library press are rubber.
      >
      > although, hand inking on a washington press would minimize the negative
      > qualities of composition rollers
      >
      > i'll try to find a more definitive answer
      > -alex
      >
      > > I'd kind of
      > > like to know what Victor Hammer used myself. Likely composition.
    • David Goodrich
      Message 2 of 14 , May 14, 2005
        Theo Rehak has Victor Hammer's press and might know what rollers he used.
        One thing I do know is that he used ingenious roller bearers that could be
        lifted out of the form after inking each impression without disturbing the
        lock-up.
        David.

        More importantly, what ink did he use? Best hand presswork I've ever seen.

        Gerald

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, alex brooks <alexbrooks@U...> wrote:
        > re: victor hammer's rollers
        >
        > I'm not sure, but I'd say that victor used rubber rollers because all
        > the hand rollers at the King Library press are rubber.
        >
        > although, hand inking on a washington press would minimize the negative
        > qualities of composition rollers
        >
        > i'll try to find a more definitive answer
        > -alex
        >
        > > I'd kind of
        > > like to know what Victor Hammer used myself. Likely composition.

        Yahoo! Groups Links