Fontographer Has a New Home at Fontlab Ltd.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9 5:37 AM
      of interest!
      pf
      --------------

      Fontlab Ltd., 136 E 8th St., Port Angeles WA 98362, USA

      FONTOGRAPHER HAS A NEW HOME AT FONTLAB LTD.

      Fontlab Ltd. Licenses Legendary Font Editor,
      Plans to Continue Development

      For Immediate Release
      Monday, May 9, 2005
      Contact: Ted Harrison
      Fontlab Ltd.
      Tel: +1 (509) 272-3260
      contact@...

      Port Angeles, WA, USA, May 9, 2005: Fontlab Ltd. is pleased to
      announce the licensing from Macromedia Inc. of the Fontographer
      product line. "Fontographer is a respected name in the field of
      digital typography," said Ted Harrison, president of Fontlab Ltd. "We
      are proud to add this legendary font editor to our lineup of
      products." As of today, Fontlab will continue to sell the current
      version of Fontographer while beginning work on fixing bugs and
      preparing a new version - expected to be released early next year.

      "With nearly two decades of presence on the market, Fontographer has
      gained a reputation as an easy-to-use and reliable tool for creating
      digital fonts, and continues to boast a strong and dedicated user
      community among desktop publishers, graphic designers and
      typographers. We feel that Fontographer will find a secure and
      comfortable home at Fontlab Ltd. Our team is committed to continuing
      the development of a brand-new version of the product," said Harrison.
      Harrison continues, "With our TypeTool product we have a font editor
      for beginners, hobbyists and students. FontLab Studio and AsiaFont
      Studio are our high-end products with a certain degree of technical
      complexity, aimed at professional type designers. With Fontographer,
      we now have a tool that fills the gap between those products - a font
      editor for graphic designers and desktop publishers, powerful enough
      for real-world typography but without all the bells and whistles of
      our high-end products."

      Fontlab Ltd. will offer upgrade paths from TypeTool 2 to Fontographer
      4.1 (US$249) and from Fontographer 4.1 to FontLab Studio (US$299) and
      to AsiaFont Studio (prices to be announced.)

      Fontlab will assume support for Fontographer version 4.1+ from
      Macromedia and will retain the services of Fontographer guru Jim
      Gallagher, who has nurtured Fontographer for the last ten years, and
      who will advise the Fontlab development team in their task of
      updating Fontographer.

      About Fontlab Ltd.

      Fontlab Ltd. is the world's leading developer of digital typography
      solutions. Their full line of products is dedicated to solving
      typographic issues ranging from the simple to the most complex. These
      products include: AsiaFont StudioT, BitFonterT, FontLab StudioT,
      ScanFontT, TypeToolT, TransTypeT, FontFlasherT, FONmakerT, SigMakerT
      CompoCompilerT and Photofont. More information on all Fontlab
      products can be seen at www.fontlab.com.
      ###

      http://www.dezinecafe.com - designdigerati (r)
      Global Design Community - Free Intercultural Review - now Plone driven!

      http://www.semiotx.com Web Strategy Consulting