vacuum tables

  • Lee and Barbara Mason
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2002
      Just a word of warning, I have a very fancy nuarc halide exposure unit that
      cost more than a child and the vacuum suddenly didn't work. I had moved it a
      few feet and assumed I had loosend a hose...not so. Somehow I got it out of
      balance and it was just not level. Caused me a world of stress until I paid
      a handy man to figure it out for me. I was using a piece of foam under the
      glass for contact until I got it working. In some respects I liked this as
      there was no way anything moved like it can when a vacuum engages. So if all
      looks right and the vacuum isn't holding, check that all is level and
      sealed. Such a lot of stress for such a small thing.
      I find this list pretty interesting, although I am a printmaker not a
      letterpress person. I am using an etching press, you know the hard way to do
      things.
      Best to all,
      Barbara Mason
      Northwest Print Council
      Portland OR

      > I just spent all weekend working on the same project! I have a NuArc
      exposure unit of some kind that I'm modifying to do photopolymer with. I
      built a vacuum table to put in the box that I modeled on the Polimero one
      that I used to use.