Homemade washout units?

  • Joel Benson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 9:59 AM
      Hi everyone,

      I've got my jerry-rigged exposure unit running. Now I want to figure out how to make a good washout unit. Has anyone out there made a homemade rig for washing out plates?

      I've an idea for submerging a brush in a plastic tub, and mounting a magnet on a thingy that would bridge the tub, so I could wash the plate back and forth across the brush evenly. Has anyone done anything like this already? Could you describe your setup, materials, etc.?

      I'm looking for something that replicates the action of the automatic washouts. I want to avoid the problems that come with uneven brushing that seems to be inevitable with hand-washing.

      Thanks for any ideas...

      Joel

      Joel Benson
      Dependable Letterpress